In the book The Gifts of Imperfection, Brene Brown writes about being resilient. Resiliency is all about bouncing back when it’s tough – and who as an entrepreneur doesn’t know about tough times? We can press through challenges and grow, or we can let them stress or even consume us. Tweet this tidbit!
Brene shares a few traits that are hallmarks of resilient folks. How do you rate?
- You are resourceful and have good problem solving skills.
- You seek help when you need it.
- You believe you can cope with your feelings and whatever comes your way.
- You have a social support system.
- You are connected to friends and family.
I was pretty happy when I read this list – I’d score myself pretty high on most. The stumbling stone? Number 2: “You seek help when you need it.” Hmm… I could definitely do better here; this is my official growing edge!
Power Chicks Chime In: How about you? Do you consider yourself resilient? What traits do you score high in, which ones… not so much?
Like what you read? Don’t miss a post by subscribing to the Power Chicks blog today!